Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The old barn shop 1

Dear readers, I started a new project in 1:12.
I found my inspiration in the beautiful shop of Jodi Hippler,  https://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/      especially the large store cupboard.
Here in Holland we have also many farm shops, so inspiration enough.
                       

      So first how to start, I found 2 beautiful wooden crates in a reasonably cheap store and  in the right size, I sawed these through so that you no longer see the seam and then glued the 2 halves together, I painted them first with Gesso but later I found Chalk paint, much better.
               I still had a few nice cupboards and I painted them too.

I call it "The old barn shop" because the crate looks like an old barn,
I also want to make a front with a window and door in it.

So ..... the 1:24 house still has to wait.




10 comments:

  1. Gonda I am so happy that Autumn's Pantry inspired you to make this shop! I LOVE the idea of using a crate for the structure, and the theme for the shop will make a wonderful place to display all of the incredible arts you make with your hands! I will be eagerly following this intriguing build!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an exciting project. Your use of two regular wooden crates to make the structure is fantastic. It already has windows too. I'm sure it will be a great shop and fun to follow your work on it.
    Hugs, Drora
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un precioso proyecto! La utilización de la caja,me parece original y divertido!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Gonda what a fantastic idea to use the crates for your farm shop, I could not think of a more perfect 'box' for that kind of shop.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me parece un proyecto muy interesante.La verdad es que las cajas son bastante útiles para montar escenas. Un poco de tuneado y quedan perfectas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un nuevo proyecto... que ilusión.
    Tengo ganas de ver los avances.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un buen comienzo, espero ver pronto los avances !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Qué idea divertida para acoger la escena! Me encantará ver cómo avanza :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also used a wooden crate for a roombox. Your new project is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments


Greetings Gonda.